Hey hey, I finally finished my New Look 6000 which, as previously mentioned in my blog, I sewed up as part of the Polka Dot Frock Fest that Winnie from Scruffy Badger Time is running. The aim of the game is to make any version of the pattern up incorporating polka dots somehow.
I really wanted to make it up in brown with cream spots to keep in with the retro style of the dress, but alas I could not find such fabric anywhere. Then I found some in the quilting section at Lincraft (shh!) and it worked a treat. It seems a lot softer than the usual wrinkle prone quilting fabric so I think it will be fine this time.
I cut all my hair off about a month ago, the do goes nicely with this outfit!
This was the first dress I've made that hasn't been A-line, my hips are fairly out of proportion to the rest of my body so it was a real struggle to fit this one to my body. I'm pretty sure my right arm muscle is twice the size from the the constant zipping up and down of this dress, ha.
Here's a close up of the fabric as it's not so clear from the photos.
I pretty much sewed up the whole dress on the weekend, not without dramas, one of the sleeves kept bunching up, I unpicked it and redid that sleeve THREE TIMES! I also broke 2 needles in the process and redid the zip twice! I got there in the end.
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the group's finished products.